It was a long time ago, when i discovered Second Life and started my very first resident project under the name of Clara Young.
I had come to Second Life while I was writing a thesis on "Coaching and new technology : human accompaniment at distance" for the Paris 8 University. I was trying to explore the different means that were offered by distant tools as email, IM, videoconference and I was finishing by persistant universes. I had no ideas exactly of what I would found, but after a little while, I really get caught by the multiple creative aspects of Second Life. I finished my thesis and finally stayed inworld where I created the Feel at Home brand and my first village on Tulip Island. It was a magic time, where I made really good relationships in all over the worlds, and learnt a lot about community, small building and small scripting...
I had a vague idea I wanted to link this to my real consultant activity but I was taking my time. One day, I was contacted by one of a resident under the name of Kigh Kline. Kigh had seen the project I was working on for the Swiss Stem Cells Bank in Second Life. He decided he wanted to settle a presence for his real life company and created an beautiful house-office in Tulip Island. Kigh Kline is a wonderful person, and we exchanged a lot on the way he could bridge his real life activity to his second life, so after a few month, he came to me with that project for FrontRange for the Cebit. I was very excited because it was a real opportunity to create a business to business project in Second Life on an audience that we could "drag" to Second Life. It was challenging also because they really wanted to measure the influence of such a project to be able to project a development later for FrontRange but also for their other clients. On the whole operation, we had daily contacts and I really enjoyed to work with Kigh who brought a lot of precisions and enhancement to the whole project since he also has a good experience of SL. I learnt a lot by making this project and I am really happy of the work we achieved it  together. I am grateful I had this chance to have met Kigh and that he chose me to accomplish this project in Second Life. It was my really second corporate project in Second Life and a production which I am very proud of in my portfolio.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

About